Ph.D. in Mathematics and Computer Science (1997) and MS in Mathematics (1996), Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Denver; MS in Computer Science and Engineering (1987), Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic.
My research interests include Broadband Access Networks, Underwater Communications, Ad Hoc Networks, Service Availability, Network Security, and Network Computing. My projects have been supported by the following organizations: U.S. Office of Naval Research (ONR), Cisco Systems, Meetinghouse Data Communications (acquired by Cisco Systems), Service Availability Forum, Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis (CAIDA), Ecora, Lamprey Networks, and UNH InterOperability Laboratory. The ONR-funded underwater communications project is carried out in partnership with the Autonomous Undersea Systems Institute and its Autonomous Undersea Vehicle Applications Center program with additional support from Technology Systems, Inc., Falmouth Scientific, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Teledyne Benthos, and Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) - Division Newport. For more information about the current projects see the website of my research group, list of publications, and the pages of the UNH Internet Teaching Laboratory.
I am currently a technical program committee co-chair of:
- International IEEE Symposium on Precision Clock Synchronization for Measurement, Control and Communication (ISPCS). The 2013 ISPCS will be held Sept. 22-27, 2013 in Lemgo, Germany (call for papers, paper deadline April 15, 2013).
- CS980 Special Topics: Computer Networks Research: course outline
- CS925 Advanced Computer Networks: course outline, list of subjects
- CS780/880Special Topics: Programming Networked Handheld Devices: 2011 J-Term course outline,
- CS725/825 Computer Networks, IT 725 Network Technology: course outline, list of subjects