Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering and Physical Science
University of New Hampshire
33 Academic Way
Kingsbury Hall W233
Durham, NH 03824
I'm an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of New Hampshire. I received my Ph.D. in Information Sciences and Technology at the Pennsylvania State University. I received my master's degree at University of Science and Technology of China (2010-2013) and my bachelor's degree at Jilin University (2005-2009).
My research interest is software security, especially program analysis on binary code, malware analysis and detection, program protection, software testing, program similarity analysis, and model checking.
Selected Publications [Complete List]
[CCS'18] VMHunt: A Verifiable Approach to Partially-Virtualized Binary Code Simplification
by Dongpeng Xu, Jiang Ming, Yu Fu, and Dinghao Wu.
In the 25th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security. (Acceptance rate 134/809=16.6%).
[USENIX SEC'17] BinSim: Trace-based Semantic Binary Diffing via System Call Sliced Segment Equivalence Checking
by Jiang Ming, Dongpeng Xu, Yufei Jiang, and Dinghao Wu.
In the 26th USENIX Security Symposium. (Acceptance rate 85/522=16.3%).
[S&P'17] Cryptographic Function Detection in Obfuscated Binaries via Bit-precise Symbolic Loop Mapping
by Dongpeng Xu, Jiang Ming, and Dinghao Wu.
In the 38th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. (Acceptance rate 60/450=13.3%).
- [CCS'15] LOOP: Logic-Oriented Opaque Predicate Detection in Obfuscated Binary Code
by Jiang Ming, Dongpeng Xu, Li Wang, and Dinghao Wu.
In the 22nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security. (Acceptance rate: 128/646 = 19.8%)
- CS 980 Graduate Seminar: Cybersecurity (Fall 2019)
- CS 780/880 Computer Security (Spring 2019)
- CS 980 Graduate Seminar: Cybersecurity (Fall 2018)
- Program Committee: RAID 2019
- Preliminary Judge/Review Committee: CSAW (2019, 2018)
- External Reviewer: SecureComm 2017, CCS 2017, ICSE 2016 SEIP Track, IEEE Transactions on Forensic and Security, ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security, Journal of Language Resources and Evaluation, Elsevier Computers & Security (COSE), Elsevier Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS)
- Yixiao Gao (Since 2019 Fall)
- Xiangyu Zhang (Since 2019 Fall)
- Naiqian Zhang (Since 2019 Summer)
- Binbin Liu (Since 2019 Spring, Visiting PhD student from USTC)
- Daroc Alden (Since 2019 Spring)
- Junfu Shen (M.S. 2019, Microsoft)