Compose and send an e-mail message from
the WildcatsMail system that satisfies the following requirements:
- Include two addresses in the To: field of this
message (separated by a semicolon): the course submission address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
and your own e-mail address.
- In the Subject: field enter the text “IT403
Assign #1” (without the quotes) followed by your
first and last name.
- In the body of your message:
The body of your message must consist of at
least three paragraphs of at least three sentences
- introduce yourself and let me know by what name you prefer to be addressed;
- briefly describe what, if any, experience with you have with computers and/or networking; and
- tell me why you decided to take this course.
- Also in the body of your message, give me a
short “code word” that I can use in
posting grades online. I want to post grades online in such a way
that you’ll be able to identify your own but not anyone else’s.
I don’t want to use social security numbers (or even portions
of them) since that’s neither allowed nor appropriate. So
the best way to do this is to associate a code word with each student
and post grades by code word. Just pick something that you’ll
remember (and that’s in good taste ;-).
NOTE: Leave a blank line between paragraphs
to prevent certain e-mail systems from running your paragraphs together
into one. And if you wish to ask me questions or send a message that
otherwise requires a response, please do so separately from the assignment
submission. I generally do not read assignment submissions in depth
until I sit down to grade them sometime after the due date.
After sending your message, wait a few minutes until the copy of
the message you sent to yourself arrives in your inbox and then review
it to make sure it is complete.
NOTE: This part of the assignment must be
done using your UNH e-mail for full credit.